Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The start, the end, the beginning, the middle, the everywhere, the nowhere, the uncomfortable space in-between...

In the past couple of months I've gone through some major life transitions.  If you follow me on Facebook or are my friend in real life you'd probably sense this.  In this process, I've been ripped to my very core.  I'm exposed from the inside out.  I've felt raw emotions that I've never ever experienced.  I let myself sit in these emotions.  I give myself permission to feel them, to let them mold me into something new.

Have you ever watched yourself in the mirror when you cry?  You should.  It's a beautiful thing!

The thing I'm playing with most is my vulnerability.  And let me say this: it takes A LOT of courage to be vulnerable.  This journey of discover is scary, BUT never in my life have I felt so ALIVE.    

An accumulation of several things has brought me to this point:  a death in the family, dealing with living away from my spouse, a change of direction in my university studies, the realization that I'm leaving for Korea in a month, the recent friends who have joined me in this process, the different way I look at feel the world.

In these moments, I'm able to harness a type of energy that is truly transformational.  I'm playing with poetry.  And I'm really living.  Today I walked a little slower, laughed a little longer, and breathed a bit deeper.

It seems the older I get, the less I have figured out!

1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Hope to chat with you soon girl. So sorry to hear about the death in your family.