Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Religion; thank-you dad

The brush of life, it has touched my heart -- I live for these moments.  I seek them.  Or maybe they seek me.

I just finished another 20 page literature review.  I've got one more to do and about 8 days to do it.  In the meantime, I've written a few personal pieces of poetry and a couple short stories.  These writings, I've only shared them with a select few.  In doing this, I have brought these people to tears.

I have a gift.  I can touch people's hearts with my words.

I feel so very blessed.

Speaking of tears -- in this quest for knowledge, I have found religion, or maybe it was with me this whole time.  I am not ready to define or set limits on what I am or am not.  And the search, it will continue, but yesterday I was given a gift that brought me to tears.

On top of that, two days ago I received the best gift I could from my father: a letter -- from his heart to mine.

Thank-you dad.


1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

How wonderful Jennifer! I am very happy for you :-) I would love to read your short stories some time. I thought your poem about your foreign love was incredible.