Monday, February 25, 2013

How to keep moving forward when your brain hates you


I was reading an online article and at the end there was this:
"To my friends in grad school:
Grad school is absolutely, undeniably, a Hard Thing. I’m sure you’ve all developed or are developing your own list of ways to cope with that, and that’s awesome.
But might I humbly suggest… making therapy one of the tools in your toolbox. Grad school is not a healthy environment. It’s set up to make you feel stupid, all the time! That’s important for learning, but it can wear on even the most enthusiastic scientist. There are also many powerful forces in grad school pushing you to work at 110% AT ALL TIMES. That’s literally impossible. It’s an environment built to make even the most resilient person a little bit crazy."
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels crazy RIGHT now!!!!

3 comments:

HL said...

I second that article. I did end up going to therapy my last year in grad school and it helped a lot.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Hang in there!!

beccat said...

That's definitely how I feel too - living away from all my friends and family for studies, working even though it's a full time course...Only one more year to go luckily, I just have to hang in there too!! Hope you're enjoying Korea :)