Thursday, January 24, 2013

To Korea I Go

Some of you have been asking about what I'll be doing in Korea this summer so I thought I'd take a moment and briefly fill you in, but first:

I'm so f-in' excited to be going to Korea.   AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  I think I'll start a count down calendar because it's only 3 months away, eeek!

This summer I have a great opportunity to work with some leading scholars at a university in South Korea.  During my time in Korea I will be studying Korean and, in the words of my Canadian supervisor, investing in myself.  In other words, for the four months that I'm in Korea I will be doing what I can to make myself a better researcher.

Drinking soju surely has to be on that list!

4 comments:

Margarita Lee said...

I love reading your posts. I am also going back to Korea next month for 4 weeks and then again this summer. I can' t wait to go. My inlaws are great and they have an amazing place (makes my place in canada look like a box for homeless people). I love jeju island that place is like heaven. I am a writer and I would love to live there while I work on my projects. I hope you enjoy your time.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

You are such a scholar!! I'm impressed ;-)

Amy said...

Such an exciting opportunity for you, yay!!! I do hope that you'll continue blogging while you are there. I especially love the food posts, but also getting to see everything that you see.

If you want to exchange addresses, I'd be happy to trade mail while you are there :)

Margarita Lee said...

My husband and I are considering moving to korea for few years before our daugther starts school. Do you have any advice. I know it will be difficult with the language difference at first. I would really appreciate some words of wisdom.