Monday, January 07, 2013

Meeting with my supervisor

I pulled on sweatpants and a hoodie from the day before as I crawled out of bed today.  For the hour prior my fingers slid across my cell phone every five minutes turning off the snooze button.  I had a meeting with my thesis supervisor scheduled and it took all the energy in me to get up and make it to that meeting.  I contemplated turning off the alarm, sending my supervisor an email and rolling over to tune out from the world -- much like I've tuned out from this blog for the last month.

But I didn't.

I went to that meeting with my head down ready to admit to my supervisor that I was an academic fraud.

I left that meeting with my head up, a smile on my face, and a new purpose -- a transformational  moment when I knew deep down I picked the right supervisor.

I'm ready to blog again.


3 comments:

Tanya said...

If this was facebook I would like this post!

ashattack said...

Yay! You are definitely not a fraud! Let me know how your topic choice is coming along. I'm interested to know what you decide on.

ashattack said...

You are definitely not a fraud! Excited to hear more about your topic selection. Fighting!