Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When I grow up....

....I want to be a __________________?

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  As I get more into my Masters studies I can't see myself going on to get a PhD.  I don't want to publish in academic journals for the rest of my life.  So a couple of nights ago I asked my parents what I should do.  Mom stuck with the safe answer and said ESL teacher.  Been there, done that!  Dad said I should be a writer.  So I took the find your profession by birth test on Facebook (because this is a totally legit way to choose a career path! don't you know?) and here's what it said:


N'uf said.  Dad wins!

5 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I don't think I'll ever really know what I want to be when I grow up ...

Jacky said...

Take this test: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/careers/ It's not 'very' specific but it's pretty interesting. I'm apparently not very social and shouldn't be a teacher. :-P lol

Why am I here??? said...

haha, you and me both Jolene!

I love tests like these Jacky. Haha, about your teaching reference! I will take this in the morning. It's 5 am and I haven't gone to bed yet.....just finished my homework!

Tanya said...

Though I haven't seen your teaching in action, I'm on Team Dad. From what I've seen writing is the only thing you don't procrastinate on and the one thing that gets you excited. Also for some reason you don't seem to seek approval or recognition from others for your teaching but you crave reactions to your writing. So to me that says writer.

I think right now since you are going to school and not working, dedicate the time while sung hyun is gone to your writing (and school).

Why am I here??? said...

You're (w)rite my friend. I will do exactly that.....in the week hours of the night!