Friday, September 14, 2012

Spoke too soon

Yesterday on my Facebook profile I wrote: "it's been 6 weeks since we've had a regular pay cheque.....eeeeek!  That's what happens when you decide to take off to Korea for a month.  Looking forward to the end of the month and some money in the bank".

Apparently I spoke too soon.  Unfortunately, Sung Hyun failed his new orientation welding test today.  At first I thought he was joking because he likes to pretend to fail and then surprise me.  But when I returned home at 6 pm he was sitting on the couch.  I knew that meant he didn't pass.

In times like these it's hard not to panic.

Fortunately, we have an emergency fund (read: travel fund).  The other day Sung Hyun was reading that 47% of Canadians are in "trouble" if their pay cheque is more than a week late.  In keeping with the positive thinking, we will be able to last more than a week, thank goodness.  But we won't be able to enjoy the lifestyle, say spending $1000 a month on groceries for instance, that we had before.

Soooooo it looks like we'll have to wait a weeee bit longer for that regular pay cheque.

But we're counting our blessings because we have a lot be thankful for: a recent trip to see our Korean mom, love for one another, and our health!

Here's hoping Sung Hyun gets a job....FAST!

3 comments:

Foreigner Joy said...

Are you guys able to get any social benefits? I don't know what they offer in Canada, but what about unemployment...etc? Food stamps...hmm? Maybe it's not that bad haha!

Shelley said...

Sorry to hear that Jenn- hope another job is around the corner for Sung Hyun.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Sorry to hear about the job, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that something comes up soon!