Saturday, September 08, 2012

Money & Work

I still haven't been paid for my curriculum work that I did in the summer which meant I had to switch around some money in our accounts to cover our bills for the month.  Eeeeek, it's been tight!


Coming home to a big pile of bills was NOT FUN!

And my brother took a leave of absence from his job as a tax auditor so that he can focus on getting his accreditation.  He'll be a full-time student right along with me.

He's funding his school through the bank of Jen.


Sung Hyun's family deals with money a whole another way than mine does.  Which explains why he laughed at this piece of paper.  My brother made me sign a contract stating the terms of this loan along with interest payments.  I told him I'd be happy to lend the money interest-free, but he insisted on making this an official transaction complete with interest.  According to my brother, you should never be without a contract, even if you're borrowing money from family or friends.  He's probably right but it just seemed a little funny to me.  

I think Judge Judy would agree with my brother though!

And......the good news is......

Sung Hyun got a job!!!!  YAHHH!

He starts on Monday ;)

6 comments:

David said...

congrats to sunghyun. your brother is right. i have also lived by that rule. when i loan to family or friends, in my mind the money i loan is money i can live without so that means i do not expect it back if i do get paid back the better. by this rule the disppointment is less and the upside is higher.

Shelley said...

Way to go Sung Hyun!! What a relief for you guys. And I think also good about the loan, you don't want money to come between family. Looks like life is going the right way for you both Jenn! Congrats and good luck with school. I would love to be a full time student again ;)

Why am I here??? said...

Thanks for the congrats David and Shelley. You must be excited about your new adventure starting in Canada in 2 months.....eeeeek!

David said...

not me. i am happy living in sunny california.

Why am I here??? said...

hehe, sorry that was meant for Shelley. Send some of that sun this way, in let's say.....2 months time!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Congrats to Sung Hyun!!!