Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Korean Diary Day 20

Spent the entire day in bed.  There was a typhoon expected to hit Seoul around 2 pm and I had dinner plans at a former students house.  Around noon when the wind really picked up I decided that I better cancel and just spend the day inside with my lover.

He cuddled with his girlfriend (aka. long body pillow) 



He's pretty happy to do just this.  His Korean vacation would have been just this if I didn't include him a lot of my outings 


Guess what we had for lunch?



PIZZAAAAAAAAA!



Mom ate cold rice and water.  YUM?  I guess she didn't want to eat in the T.V. room with us.  Instead she leaned against the kitchen cupboards.

Then sister called us and told us we were going for supper.  So we did just that.


Mom and I in the wind.

Supper was a shabu shabu buffet which is essentially a pot of boiling water that you add anything you want to it.


Noodles, veggies, beef, fish, dumplings.....dumped into one big pot!


Raw beef on the side, which of course I tried.


Octopus and shrimp


I stuck with the cooked beef and veggies.  Not a big fan of seafood.

After dinner we walked to the mall so we could pick up another set of trainer chopsticks for my friend Marie.  Last chance shopping.  And that's good because we're running out of money $$!


Sung Hyun picked up some raw fish from the grocery store for a midnight snack.  

Observations of the Day:

1.  Koreans stay out super late.  Even on a weekday!  

1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Fish for a midnight snack! Haha, cool!

I totally want to try that pizza.