Thursday, September 27, 2012

SSHRC: It's that time of year!

This time last year I was staying up in the wee hours of the night writing my proposal for SSHRC.

This time this year I'm reading other people's SSHRC proposals and marking them up with red pen.

I've learned a lot in the process of what makes a good SSHRC application because of the exhaustive process I went through but mostly because of the help from my good friend Krista.  I'm paying it forward this year and reaching out to anyone who needs some advice.  I'll be volunteering for the SSHRC information session at my university to share some tips.  Before you hand in your application, I suggest you take a peek at this page which outlines how to apply for SSHRC:

Check out my red comments

Good luck in the competition everyone!

p.s. Jolene, when would you like to get started on that PhD - ha, joking?!


1 comment:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Ha - I will definitely be coming to you for help when I ever get this darn thesis done and can apply for the PhD program!