Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grad School Barbie

This picture circulated around Facebook a while back.  At the time I didn't really understand the reference.


And now I'm pretty sure it's exactly how I feel/ look.

Take last night for example.  I realized at 11 pm that I read the wrong article for my reading response.  So I worked through the night to complete it and submit it before the 10 am deadline the next morning (today).  I went to bed at 7:30 am.  The sun had already kissed the horizon.  

And then last night in class when we got our first group assignment worth 50% which is due in less than a month, I had a mini panic attack.

And now I have a new appreciation for anyone who has written a thesis.  

I'm starting to have second thoughts about grad school!    

4 comments:

ashattack said...

I know how you feel. I had a year to write my undergrad thesis and that still almost made me lose my mind. I'm on a leave of absence now and due to start my thesis for my masters in April. This time they only give 6 months to finish it! I'm with you on the panic attacks... they are almost daily.

Fighting! I'd be interested in reading any of your drafts if you're looking for a reader. :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Don't have second thoughts - you are doing great!

Annie-Me said...

don't worry hun. It will get better. We think it is bad but it will only make us better at what we do when we make it to the other side and I know you are a strong person and can make it!

Why am I here??? said...

Ohhh April! That will leave you plenty of time to travel. But holy only 6 months. I'm pretty sure I will not have started mine then. haha. I had no idea you were working on your Masters btw! Thanks for volunteering to read, cuz my hubby certainly can't help. I may just take you up on that. And same goes for you!

Thanks Jolene! I needed that!!

Yes Annie. I know. I often feel sooo behind and lost in the discourse. But I actually think that is what I'm supposed to feel.