Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lessons from a Korean mother-in-law (part 9)

This is a post, in a series, dedicated to a mother-in-law that I deeply love and dearly miss.  All posts in this series are true events that happened to me.

Here are some others:  part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7, part 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came home, wet from the rain, I took off my shirt and sat in my white tank top on the floor in the corner of the room.  Mom was in front of me watching something on T.V.  I was playing with my ipad. 

She turned around and looked at my shirt, "Wow, how are your boobs so big?"

"I don't know.  My mom's boobs are big too.  I'm ready to give milk to my kids." I chuckled.

"Sung Hyun and his sister drank everything so I don't have any [boobs]".  She pressed her hands on her breasts to show me that nothing was there.*

Then she reached out to touch mine.  I had no time to react.  The only thing I could do was laugh.  Her left hand firmly pressed against my right breast.  I placed my hand on top of hers and laughed.  "Mom, really big?" I asked.

She didn't answer.  Instead she squeezed harder.  I laughed and covered my face in embarrassment.  "I'm not touching your mom's boobs.  I'm not touching your mom's boobs" I said.

"Mom, do you have boobs" I asked as I pointed to her chest.

"Noooo, I don't have any" 

"My mom say touch it" Sung Hyun remarks.

I reach out to touch mom's upper chest.  I know that if I touch high enough I won't feel anything. 

"I don't have any.  There is nothing there" mom confirms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to see?


* video recording starts here

3 comments:

Foreigner Joy said...

priceless!

Tanya said...

yeah this is hilarious. I love your laugh, it makes me smile.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

OMG, you need to write a book! I love these stories, and the video, wow! Haha, like Joy commented, priceless.