Monday, August 20, 2012

Korean Diary Day 12

Headed out the door with my favourite mini milk to meet a friend for lunch.

 

Korean banana milk is delicious.  But for those of you who drank that banana medicine as a child it might have a similar resemblance. 


So great to see Amy.  She's still her bubbly self, just 50 pounds lighter.  GO GIRL!


We met for lunch at our favourite Indian restaurant which happened to be closed.  So we scouted out another Indian restaurant in the mall nearby.  We paid way too much for far too little.  Didn't even have enough time to take a picture because it was gone so fast!

A snack was certainly in order while we shopped with #1 (the oldest) sister at Home Plus (grocery store).


Fried veggies and sweet pototoe in spicy sauce. 


At the parking lot at Home Plus they have a place for you to drop off your car to get washed.  How cool!

My mission today was to learn how to cook some Korean food.  There are several tedious steps when making Korean food and onions and garlic go in mostly EVERYTHING!





Ta-da!


A great teacher indeed.  Thanks sis :)


Observations of the Day:

1. Wow, just over a week till we return to Canada.  This last week is going to go by so quickly.

2.  Nothing beats our local Indian hangout.  Right Amy?

3.  Yum, nothing beats homemade Korean food!

7 comments:

Chris said...

I really should drop by your blog more often! I see you're visiting Korea. Hope you have a wonderful trip, what's left of it.

David said...

just curious, did u lose some weight?

umma2kimchilovers said...

The Korean food looks delicious. I hope you recorded your cooking lesson and are willing to share it with us.

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Chris, I see u r still enjoying your time here.

No David, I don't think so. Although I'm sweating buckets here. Hehe

Unfortunately I didn't record or take pictures of the steps. My sister was going so fast I had just enough time to write stuff down. From start to finish it took to hours to prepare and cook all the food you see on the mini table. I am not cut out for this!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog posts are so fantastic! I love the daily updates! Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

More updates, please!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

All of the food you are eating looks sooooo good! I am loving your blog so much.