Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics

I love watching the Olympics.  In fact, I spent my entire weekend glued to the TV.  That was my birthday present to myself.


But dressage, also known as horse ballet (yup, you read that right), is one event I just don't understand.  


But don't let my opinion persuade you.  Why don't you judge for yourself?!  


In this piece, I'd like to direct to your attention to two things:  a) the music ("and now I'm thinkin' I'm never gonna smoke no more, and now I'm thinkin' I'm never gonna drink no more, well FUCK IT! bar tender you can give me one more"), and b) the commentator ("Oh, what a dream of a transition", "It just doesn't get any better than that!")




Does anyone else think that music is highly inappropriate for that style of dance?  Coooome oooooon, watch it again, I dare ya!  It's funnier the second time, trust me!


p.s. this video was from the 2006 World Equestrian Games, but STILL this is an Olympic sport!!

2 comments:

kelicopter84 said...

I actually watched it three times and liked it more each time. The first time I was confused thinking if this was for real. By the third watch I really got into dance and the, "dream transition" part!!! HAHA
The commentator is the cherry on top....its just funny that they take this seriously when to me its pretty ridiculous!

Why am I here??? said...

hehe! I've seen it more than 10 times now......pretty ridiculous indeed!!