Monday, July 23, 2012

Curriculum Project

(almost) complete!


I'll meet with the boss lady tomorrow so she can edit it.  Then I'll put in my answer key and be done with it.

Here's what I learned about writing curriculum:

a)  I'd rather be teaching.
b)  Writing curriculum sounds like a good idea at the time but in reality I jam 20 hours into 2 days (I had more than 2 weeks to complete this project).
c)  I'd rather be teaching.

______________________________________________

I know that part of teaching involves material development and curriculum writing, but I'd much rather be standing in front of a classroom.  I have a lot of good ideas for curriculum scaffolding but I'd rather just tell people and then have them create it.  This project wasn't too bad because it focused on functional/ situation English, not academic (like my last project).  The binder is full of fun activities ESL students can do at camp.  

And now I've signed up to teach the summer camp for the curriculum I just created!

(I have a hard time saying no!)

AAAAAAND I'm done that glass of wine in the time it took me to write this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you liked wine.

Good work, my favourite procrastinator !!

Momma Bear

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Mmmm, red wine! Yeah, planning is not fun. I'd much rather put things into action.