Friday, July 27, 2012

Always saying YES

I'm not going to lie, when it comes to work and money it's really hard for me to say NO.

Tomorrow I was asked if I could help drive some students from one end of the city to another.  It would take an hour and I'd end up with $60 in my pocket.

I told the lady I'd check with my husband because it's my birthday tomorrow.  Then, before Sung Hyun came home from his last day of work my mind tossed back and forth: "Yes, I'll do it, it's only 1 hour" "No, I don't want to do it because then I can't sleep in".

When Sung Hyun got home from work I asked him what he thought and he said "Say, no!  It's your birthday.  Sleep in and I'm going to make you breakfast."  I thought about it for another 5 minutes.

Then I said "can you just make breakfast for me on Sunday instead".

That didn't work out in my favour.

********************************************

Tomorrow I'm NOT working.  It's my BIRTHDAY and I'm sleeping in!!!!

Oh, and I'm slowly learning to say NO!

Oh, and I'm trying to guess what my lover got me for my birthday:


4 comments:

tanya said...

Good for you Jen! Teach them how to take the bus! It's your birthday of all days. I'm glad Sung Hyun told you no ha.

Mrs. Kim said...

You guys are cute. :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I used to have the hardest time saying no, and I still do ... but I am practicing doing it and have gotten better over the past year or so. I got some great advice from a prof. I had last fall. She said that when you say no, you should leave it at that. For example, "No sorry I can't", instead of "No sorry I can't because ...". She said that when we set boundaries we should never defend them because people will then take advantage of us and leave us feeling angry, used or upset.

Anonymous said...

so what DID you get for your birthday?