Sunday, June 17, 2012

I found the dress

The mad dash to get a dress is OVER!  I'm excited because I found an affordable dress that fits like a glove.  The other one that many people suggested I buy was just too damn expensive and I didn't feel 100% comfortable in it.  The colour was awesome but the cut wasn't exactly flattering in the stomach area.  You can check that dress out here.

I almost resorted to pants and a dress shirt because I don't really think I look good in dresses.  And I HATE clothes shopping.  I'm thankful my friend Tanya made me try on this dress which would have just sat on the rack had I gone shopping myself.

Here it is:


It was $40 for the dress and $36 for the cardigan.  Way better than the +$200 that I almost spent.

What do you think?



9 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

It looks great! I love the cardigan - I need one like that.

Anonymous said...

looks great Jen! :) What stores did you have success with in the end?
Kim

Why am I here??? said...

Hey gals, both dress and cardigan are from Reitmans! Good luck with the new job tomorrow Kim ;)

Anonymous said...

The dress looks awesome on you, the colour and cut is perfect. Good job !!

Momma Bear

Foreigner Joy said...

Cute and fun!

Jacky said...

Looks awesome! Congrats on finding one. I like window shopping but when I go actual shopping, I have to hunt until I find things that look/fit right on me..which can take forever. Sports clothing, casual shirts, and loungewear are my favorite things to shop for. Oh and shoes...much easier to be satisfied with a pair of shoes than a piece of clothing

Amyable said...

I wasn't a fan of the other dress and this one is fantastic! The other dress made you look "older" and "conservative". This one is more youthful (appropriate for your age) and fits your body so much better. Love it!

Tanya said...

Yup you look hot. And maybe even taller! Have a good time at your event!

Jen said...

this is a very flattering outfit! glad you found something that looks awesome, fits the budget, and will be wayyyy more (i.m.o) versatile!^^