Sunday, June 03, 2012

Eats!

This week my eats weren't super healthy.  I didn't snap very many pictures of them either.  But I've figured out why we spent so much on food.  Last month (May, 2012) we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary and went to an expensive restaurant.  We had a house warming party and provided endless food.  We had a couple of people over for dinner during the week.  And, as my friend pointed out, I spend too much on meat and fruit that is not in season.  We buy exotic fruit and it's expensive.  We buy fresh meat, not previously frozen.

I think if I make some changes to the meat and fruit we'll be able to automatically knock off $200 without much thinking.  Also, I'm going to start using coupons at restaurants so we can save that way too.  

This was dinner Friday night:


Chicken and spicy crab sushi


Homemade fish with salad and fruit for lunch


Chicken and beef bulgogi (made by my lover!)

What did you eat this week?  Was it healthy?

2 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I mostly ate food from the BBQ this week ... it was decently healthy :-)

Why am I here??? said...

Nice! I wish I could say the same for myself.