Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Speaking about money....

Waiting on this scholarship is painstakingly difficult.  I filled out the application about 6 months ago and I was supposed to hear back from them sometime in May (I've heard that it's usually the beginning of the month when you find out).  I contacted the university to see if they heard anything, but no news has been received on their end either.  It's up to a panel of government officials to decide whether or not I am awarded the money.  Meanwhile my life is hanging in the balance.

I've pretty much scheduled my life around counting on this to pan out in my favour (hopefully I haven't jinxed it).  But it's the reason why I only accepted the part-time job offer at RODS and signed up for full-time classes in the fall (a prerequisite for accepting the award).  It means the difference between completing my graduate program in 2 years vs. 5 years, mainly because I can dedicate all my time to my studies if I get the scholarship.

This is very important to me.  

Success or failure, I'll write all about it here when I find out.  I hope that's soon!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me please ;)

2 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I hope you get it!!!

Why am I here??? said...

Thanks Jolene. That's very kind of you!!!!!