Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lessons from a Korean mother-in-law (part 5)

This is a post, in a series, dedicated to a mother-in-law that I deeply love and dearly miss.  All posts in this series are true events that happened to me.

Catch up on the others:


~~~~~~~~~

"Why is only your stomach coming out?" mom asks.

"Because I'm really fat right here" I reply grabbing onto both sides of my stomach, as if to prove my point.

"Do you have a baby?" she demanded.

"No mom, no baby"

"No baby?"  She sounds surprised.

"That's right, there is no baby Mom!"

She paused and waited.  Silence.

Her eyes spoke a different story.  The silence that reached to the corners of the room was soon shattered.  "You didn't get your period for a long time.  I check your underwear everyday.  There is no blood!"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. That's so wrong! lol

Tanya said...

hahah oh I wish she could have come last summer. I would have loved to meet her!!!

Shelley said...

So funny and oh so wrong!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

OMG - too funny!! She sounds hilarious!