Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lessons from a Korean mother-in-law (part 4)

This is a post, in a series, dedicated to a mother-in-law that I deeply love and dearly miss.  All posts in this series are true events that happened to me.  

~~~~~~~~


The door opened and a small feisty lady popped up from the floor. 
Turning at the waist, I bowed to greet her.  A bow from the hips, rather than the head, signifies the greatest respect.
Hello,” I said in my rehearsed Korean, my heart racing.
She slipped one hand around my waist, the other aggressively patted my bum.
Tilting her neck upwards her eyes greeted mine.
I let out a sigh of relief.
Sung Hyun slipped off his shoes, turned to look at us and smiled, “Mom, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Jennifer” 

3 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

She sounds so cute!

Tanya said...

Love love love this series. This needs to be a book! you capture her personality so well.

Why am I here??? said...

She is soooo cute Jolene!

Thanks tantan ;) You're always so encouraging.

You two ladies ROCK!