Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lesson from a Korean mother-in-law (part 3)

The boiling water bubbled on the stove early morning.  Breakfast, I thought.  Steam covered my glasses as I leaned over the pot to see what we’d be eating.  My Korean mother-in-law, sitting on the floor a few feet away, looked up but remained silent.  MY UNDERWEAR!  She was cooking my underwear.  My eyes met hers and in my limited Korean all I could think of to say was “looks delicious!!!”  

She smiled.

This is a post, in a series, dedicated to a mother-in-law that I deeply love and dearly miss.  All posts in this series are true events that happened to me.  Miss Part 1 and  Part 2?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this story.

Why am I here??? said...

Thanks Anonymous!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

LOL, I seriously just BURST out laughing. Too funny!

Why am I here??? said...

Thanks Jolene. I love writing this series!