Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Budgeting continued


Yes, $400 on food is a lot considering we are only 1/2 way through the month.  I expect we'll spend another $100 on fresh fruits and veggies which we pick up every 5 days or so.  And I'm guessing we'll eat out two more times this month so I can probably expect to tack on another $60 for that.  That brings our monthly grocery plus dining out bill to about $700.  This will most likely be more than average because this month we celebrated our anniversary out ($80 bill), had a house warming party ($70) and 2 different groups of guests over for dinner.

With this in mind, I'd like to have the grocery bill be around $300 and the dining out to be around $100.  That will be a major adjustment for next month.


2 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

$300 will be tough! I find that eating healthy is SO expensive!

Why am I here??? said...

Yah, you're right Jolene!