Thursday, April 12, 2012

Saving money.....

I'm good at saving money.....I'm bad and figuring out how to do it.

I don't have a plan. And that works for me -- for us.

Sung Hyun and I have been very respectful to one another when it comes to money. Before this was a big strain on us but now I'm so happy to report that we are both working toward a financial goal together. Sung Hyun even put $5000 into his own tax free savings account. I'm proud of him for saving! A couple of years ago this would have not been the case.

There are things that I don't think we should spend our money on, like cigarettes for example (those cost about $200 a month), but I have learned to let that go. Also, Sung Hyun earns money in this household so he has a right to decide what to do with it too.

As for me, I usually don't buy much -- the exception being our new place. I've gone crazy buying "what I want, without thinking about it" and it's okay as long as A) we don't get into debt and B) we don't let this mentality become a habit. So far, so good.

Last night we sat down and decided that we're going to visit an investor to get some RRSPs set up as well as a short term savings plan that could be used for say, travel or babies!

I'm NOT pregnant so no need to ask!

No comments: