Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making a difference

On Friday night I invited my 'old' students to our place. They brought food!
YUM!
A lovely group indeed
And this lady brought me kimchi ;)
After dinner we played games.
I never anticipated the evening to be so fun. We all had a blast and Sung Hyun fit right in. I love the immigrant community in Regina. I feel like I understand them -- I know what it feels like to be living away from 'home'. The gang left at 10 pm. But since we all had a great time, I get the feeling that we'll be doing this again.
They even came with presents. The best part was reading the card. One lady wrote "I marked your name in my heart"

3 comments:

Annie-Me said...

oh that looks like you had a great time. I want to one day be having house parties with you :)

Jacky said...

That's so awesome. :) I loved the days in high school when I got to eat different cultural foods.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Awwwwe, how sweet!! I love teaching EAL students ... the parents are always so supportive and simply amazing.