Wednesday, April 04, 2012

But it's a journey

This state of flux I'm in right now is not good. But I know that I'm meant to be here right now to figure things out. And that at the end of this, I'll be a much stronger and better person.

I'm figuring myself out. Getting to the core of the issues and it's a dark, scary place. To go back in your past and analysis at what point perfectionism defined my life. At what point, value and meaning came from a graded report and not from my any intrinsic value. Where I measured my worth by what others thought of me, instead of what I believed in myself.

It's a journey my blog friends. And there are ugly parts along the way. But the point is I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I'm acknowledging my weakness and admitting my faults.
I'm also surrounding myself with supportive people who are kind enough to lend an ear and offer feedback from their perspective. It's nice. It's refreshing. And it's empowering.

This journey with be one of self-discovery and reflection.

And ever so slowly I'm starting to realize that I deserve it because any other way I would be cheating myself out of a GREAT life.

And when I dip my toes a little further into the water I will share my story, with you, the world, to help others, to inspire.

Thanks to Shawna and Skott for the picture that inspired the post.

2 comments:

Jacky said...

I love the Buddha quote. Self discovery is vital. Too often I feel that I'm too busy doing the next thing that I don't really stop and see what I really want and if what I'm doing is best for me. Good luck! I look forward to reading more. :)

Why am I here??? said...

Yah, that's how I feel too Jacky. I'm 'go, go, go' trying to get everything done. But sometimes that everything is nothing.