Saturday, October 15, 2011
What I've learned...
What I've learned about being busy:
1. Eating healthy falls by the way side when I'm busy. I stop caring about preparing healthy meals and take comfort in familiarity -- fast and unfortunately fatty food.
2. Being busy is good. It keeps me motivated and enthusiastic. Being too busy is bad. There is a fine line between the two and I'm working to achieve some balance.
3. Exercise is still important to do no matter what your life schedule is like. I try to make it to the gym 2 times a week. I'm satisfied if I go once.
4. Quitting my job at Regina Open Door was bitter sweet. I'm glad to have some free evenings (which are already filled up) but sad to leave my students.
5. My husband and I have actually been "communicating" which has been made possible with shifting our schedules so they are more in sync with one another.
6. Grad studies.......fun, challenging, but f'ing hard! Perfectionism is my worst enemy. But I've learned I LOVE writing.....academia, journalling, you name it!
7. I am not looking forward to Monday. Here's what my day will look like:
8:30 - 4:20 --> teach at the university (no lunch break)
4:30 - 5:30 --> work meeting
5:45 - 6:30 --> grad studies project meeting
6:30 - 9:30 --> grad class
10:00 - 12:00 --> homework!!!!
8. Next semester will be different. I don't plan to work (more than full-time) and study. It's too much.
9. Now that Sung Hyun has a good job, I can step back from this insane amount of work. I'm finding it hard to let go.
10. Yesterday my former instructor, now friend, made a good point: "your job won't care about you when you're 65, your family will!"