Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday weigh-in #17

Ba-hum bug!

Last week I was 148.8 and this week I'm 150.4.

Each week it's getting harder and harder and I suspect that I'm trying to push past a plateau. I will shake the 150s but it just may take some time.

This week I exercised 5 times. I went for 3 runs (total 17K) and to 2 Zumba classes. I busted my butt in the exercise department and did okay in the food department. I figured I would have lost so I'm disappointed that I gained. But last night I did go out for Indian food with my husband and perhaps had I not done that I would have seen different results this morning.

Either way, what's done is done so here's to moving forward.........

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Jen, it's entirely possible that you put on muscle weight. The scale is a great gauge, but how your clothes fit you and the inches you lose is more accurate, in my opinion. You should take your measurements too. Don't die by the scale!!
When I was losing weight some weeks the numbers never moved on the scale but my pants fit looser....

Why am I here??? said...

Yah! So true, thanks

Anonymous said...

What would be different about your life if you were 140? Or 160?

Also, exercising is great, but how much movement are you getting when you're not exercising? How many steps are you taking a day, how many errands do you run on foot? It's quite possible that your exercise isn't enough to make you lose weight, but is enough to keep you from gaining weight.

Amy said...

Don't forget that you are gaining muscle every time that you exercise, so that might seem to counter balance it. You also need to look at inches, cause that will show you loss of fat, but tonig and lean muscle.

It's hard though, I know how it is.

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Anon, good point!

I am walking/ running in my job A LOT! I think it may be a combination of eating too much and muscle gain like Amy says!