Thursday, September 08, 2011

Eating and exercise!


Eating healthy these past couple of weeks has been tough. It's a struggle (I mean challenge) to consciously choose healthy options. Some days it's harder than others. Since starting my weight loss weekly weigh-in I've noticed that my taste buds have changed a lot. I have also appreciated how good I feel when I exercise (hello endorphins I'm talking to you) and eat healthy. Whey aren't more people doing this?

But then there are other days when I crave sweets and salty foods and cave into eating junk food. And my body is the first to tell me.

Someone commented on my post last week about how dieting/ lifestyle changes don't address the underlying reasons of WHY people overeat or are emotional eaters. Following rules and counting calories doesn't really help get to the root cause of the reason why people do this is the first place.

And I agree with the comment.

And so my fellow over eaters, emotional eaters, I love food eaters and all of you out there who can identify with this, what are we to do to address the problem?*

I'm finally starting to appreciate my body and I'm happy with what/ how I'm doing. I'm not setting myself up for failure. If I eat unhealthy I am not ashamed of writing about my experience on my blog. I don't have any real guilty feelings if I don't eat healthy all the time. I don't try to sabotage my efforts.

So Jen, if you seem to have it all together why can't you get your act together and lose weight every week? And why did you reach out and ask for help last week?

Good question! Well, weight loss, just like life, will be full of ups and downs. I'm prepared for that. That's why I'm so damn happy with my new found attitude about this whole process. And there are times when I'm down that I need an extra push or some motivation.

I am not afraid to say "HELP ME PLEASE"

AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE EITHER!

So stop, get off your high horse, look around and ask someone you know for help. It's easy. And that person feels special if you reach out to them. I know I would!!!!!

oatmeal with egg whites, banana, blueberries and almond butter.....yummm!

Chickpea salad with feta and Italian dressing!





* we all know I can't afford therapy, nor do I feel I need it at this point in my life.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Hey Jen! I've been an avid reader and live in Seoul at the moment. I love how honest you are, even when it hurts. I actually just wrote a post about what works for me and the success I've had on WW. I was a pretty obese child and unhealthy eating habits crept into my young adulthood. I think the most important thing for me to remember is that for most of us this isn't just a "one-time fix it diet", this is something we will be battling our whole lives if we let it. BUT we can win!

Why am I here??? said...

YAHHHH!!!! I love your positive spirit. Thanks for the comment on this post. I look forward to reading about your success. If there is anything I can do to help when things get tough then send me an email: burtonite@hotmail.com

I totally agree that you need to knock the 'one-time diet fix' mentality out of your brain. Be prepared to celebrate your success and embrace your failure. YOU CAN DO IT! FIGHTING!!! hehehehe