Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week Updates

Sorry folks, I've been neglecting my blog. But I wanted to stop in with some updates:

1. Please vote, if you haven't already, on the poll above. 91 of you voted and I want to see if I can break 100. Ah-ma-zing! p.s. thanks for reading!

2. Sung Hyun is still in Korea. The situation with the travel agent is this: he will pay us the full amount of the ticket at the end of August. Hummmmmm and how exactly do we know he's not just gonna ditch the country? Anyways, husband and BIL are dealing with that one.

3. I'm currently taking an intensive 1 month TESOL teaching course that will get me a LEVEL 1 Languages Canada certification. I need this certification if I want to continue to work as a sessional at my current university. No course, no job!

4. I have been enjoying my job at Regina Open Door (Immigrant centre as an English teacher fyi) and am trying to juggle that with this intensive TESOL program. I'm averaging 12 hour days.

5. Last month was sugar-free July. This month is exercise August. So far so good, but why can't I eat healthy AND exercise? I've been eating healthy food but also some junk. A gain this week?

6. I can now officially run 5K with one 1 minute walking break. Soon I'll be able to do it without any breaks. I signed up for my FIRST RACE. It's a 5K at the end of the month. Eeeeek I'm nervous!!!! Sung Hyun's running too!

7. Sung Hyun comes home from Korea on August 16th. I haven't had time to miss him because I'm too busy. How sad is that!!!

8. Got the teaching assignments for next semester. Starting September my week will look like this: 36 university teaching hours + more hours (?) for curriculum development, 9 hours teaching at R.O.D.S, 6.5 hours private teaching PLUS one graduate level university class. That should be.........INTERESTING! And I'll have NO social life, which won't be a change from how things are now.

9. I would jump back to my prestigious job in Korea in a heartbeat! Working life in Canada is just so..............complicated. The amount of time I spend reading emails and keeping up with new university policies is ridiculous. I get on average 20 emails a day. And I'm a ESL sessional. I love the teaching part of my job, not the admin part!

10. Somehow in all the craziness I still find time to read other ppl's blogs and play around on Facebook. MUST CHANGE PRIORITIES!

11. I've learned that I just can't be organized. I'm terribly disorganized. It drives me bonkers sometimes but I've just learned to adapt. It drives my mom even more bonkers. THIS disorganization has got to change.

12. I need to sit down and do some serious 'life evaluating' because a) I still don't know what I want to do with my life and b) I still live in my parents basement.

14. I'm kind of scare of what might happen as a result of Standard & Poor's recent US credit rating downgrade. That and I've already lost 10% of the money I just invested a couple months back.

15. This is the first post in a long time that I haven't included a picture. I'm writing this post because I don't want to do my TESOL homework. Along with being terribly disorganized, I'm also the worst procrastinator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2. Hard to trust a guy who stole $9000 from you! Hopefully it’s true and you get your money back.

11. I used to think the same thing. I’m not “perfectly” organized but things are better than they used to be. If you change one little thing at a time, it will get better. Also, throw away/donate/sell what you don't need. The less you have, the easier it is to stay organized.

12. I think the basement part is bad. I don’t think young couples who are just starting a life together should live with family (unless you don’t have another choice because of financial distress, etc.). I can’t help with a. I’ve always known what I wanted to do with my life. What are your passions? What makes you smile? Make a list of those things and see if there’s a career choice in there somewhere.

14. The market goes up and down. The 10 percent you lost is likely to come back at some point.

Anonymous said...

Let me guess: Zenith Travel?