Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday eats


Warning: ONLY FOOD PHOTOS BELOW!

3 egg whites cooked with oatmeal and blueberries topped with natural peanut butter with some black iced coffee

Chickpeas with Indian spices, Greek yogurt, strawberries and carrots with a green monster to drink

How to make a green monster: 1/2 c. almond milk, 1/2 c. water, 1 frozen banana + 2 handfuls of spinach.....blend until smooth

pistachios with a plum

steak, salad, mushrooms and potatoes

watermelon

shared this plate with a friend

4 comments:

umma2kimchilovers said...

how do you make your egg white oat meal?
How many calories did you eat that day? I am supposed to eat around 1500 calories a day and I am wondering if that is more or less than that.

Why am I here??? said...

I'm not sure how many calories I'm eating a day. Maybe you could calculate based on my pictures. Right now, I'm not interested in counting calories because then it would be too systematic for me. What I've got going on works for me, at the moment.

Also, to make the egg white and oatmeal dish I combined 3 egg whites, whisked them together and added in about 1/2 c. of oatmeal and scrambled them as you would regular eggs. Then I topped it with some peanut butter. It's good (and healthy) try it!

Any more questions feel free to ask away....

Shelley said...

I'm confused about the egg white oatmeal. Do you add dry oatmeal to the egg whites and scramble them on the stove top? You don't add water to the oatmeal? I'm just curious, because it does sound healthy, and I am always looking for new ways to do things. Plus this baby is coming in 2 months and I am soooo ready to lose this baby weight. Just getting geared up!

Why am I here??? said...

Yes Shelley, just add the raw oatmeal (and blueberries -- I forgot this) to the egg mixture and cook it just as you would if you didn't have those 2 ingredients in. It was a fluke breakfast.