Thursday, August 25, 2011

New post (about life) down below!

Hello dear readers, thanks for hanging on, I've posted about my life, as of late, down below the Sunday weigh-in so if you want to know how I'm doing please check it out!

On a more positive note, I found my Korean mom in Canada. Well, actually she's my Chinese student at Regina Open Door but acts exactly like my Korean mom. She's adorable, loveable and doesn't speak a lick of English. But that doesn't stop me from giving her hugs:

I'm in love! She makes me miss my K. mom even more.
Here's the whole gang! Actually they are all really great. I think it's pretty cool that they get to study English in this wonderful country for FREE. And I have the pleasure of teaching them. Pretty nifty ;)

_______________________________________

A commenter last week asked about my skin routine. And I don't have any secret advice to give away, in fact if someone wants to teach me how to properly look after my skin that would be GRAND. I usually just wash it with soap and water and slap on some lotion. I was using Clinic for a few years but I ran out and haven't decided it was a priority in my life so I haven't picked up anything to replace it.

I know I said this before but I just wanted to make sure everyone was up to date about the travel agent who stole our money situation........he's signed a legal document drafted by a lawyer stating that he will pay the sum of the tickets back by the end of August. That's in less in a week, I'm getting anxious.

Another commenter asked me to finish my money series. DUH! I always half start projects and never finish them. Sorry to keep you waiting. That will be on my check list of things to tackle soon.

I have been taking an intensive TESOL teaching course during the month of August that will get me accredited by Languages Canada so I can teach anywhere in Canada.

Sung Hyun got a job! YAHHH!!! After 5 months of no income it's nice that he's back in the game. I didn't tell you about this did I?! Probably another reason I felt so much pressure to work 5 jobs at once. He wanted to take a couple of months off to get some welding tickets but 1-2 months turned into 5 and my income during that time didn't cover the welding courses he was taking. So it's a huge relief that he'll be making money again. More to write about that in the MONEY series.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How expensive are welding courses? Sounds like they cost a fortune.

Why am I here??? said...

It varied based on what kind of welding Sung Hyun was doing because the gas for a certain type of welding was more than the other gas. We paid a daily/ weekly fee to rent the welding booth at SIAST. The welding supplies (grinder, gloves - he needed a new pair each week), material fee (he had to buy the metal) plus the booth rental was about $100 - $120 a day. He practiced daily (M-F) for about 2.5 months. Then when he went to Korea for his 16 day visit he paid about $35 Canadian (30,000KRW) an hour to practice. So he dropped a couple hundred bucks while he was there also. I'm scared to add up the total receipts (he's kept them all though)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's REALLY expensive. I had no idea it was that much. I hope it pays off in the future and he gets a good job!

Why am I here??? said...

It certainly will anonymous.....if I ever get around to posting about that! Good news coming soon!