Friday, July 01, 2011

Sugar Challenge!

I've decided to join my favourite blogger in her 1 month NO SUGAR July challange. And in July I'll be celebrating my birthday. That's going to be a HUGE challenge people. So to cap it off I thought I'd kick start it with a tribute to one of my favourite chocolate bars.
Don't you know that when you combine two of your favourite things in one post they cancel each other out? So by talking about my fav. blogger and my fav. chocolate bar in one post I'm actually cancelling out all the chocolate bar calories I've just consumed*. DUH!
* WARNING: math wasn't my strong suit. Calculations may be incorrect!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I gave up sugar for lent for year, although I'm not even particularly religious. But I lost 7 pounds by doing it:) I cut all ALL sodas, chocolate, and other high sugar foods.
Good luck. You'll feel better too.... less sluggish.

Anonymous said...

I have a very weird question (sorry in advance!). A friend of mine (I swear it's not me!) just returned from a one-month stay in Korea, where she met this guy she really likes. They dated for basically the whole month she was there and it took several dates for him to even kiss her! They never got around to sleeping together.

My friend came home confused. She asked me if I thought it was that he didn't like her enough or whether I thought it was a cultural thing. Since I have no idea (I've never lived in Korea), I thought I would ask you. No, I'm not asking you to tell us about your own personal experience, but you probably talked or saw other couples there and have an idea of what's the norm. Do Korean men take things slower in general? Do you date for a longer time before you jump into kissing and then into sex? Is intimacy not so common there?

I gave my friend the link to your blog, so I'm sure she'll have a heart attack when/if she sees this question posted, but since she's too shy to ask anybody...

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Shelley, that's awesome! Do you still cut out sugar?

Hey Anony,

I'd be happy to help. Probably not the best idea to write my response on this blog so send me your email (or your friends) and I'd be happy to answer any questions. I know I had A LOT when I first started dating my husband.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Jen. You can send me an email and I'll pass it on to my friend. Then she can write you back herself (I think she'll feel comfortable after the first email or two). Thanks again, blyish [at] yahoo [dot] com