Sunday, June 12, 2011

YOU ask, I answer!

Mrs. Kim asked:

Jen,
Do you eat your meals with your parents or do you and SH mostly do your own thing? Are your parents pretty hands-off, giving you guys your own headspace even though you share living quarters?
________________________________________

YES AND NO! Sung Hyun practices welding from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. My dad usually picks him up and drives him home because we only own 1 car now. He goes home and eats supper with my parents and then drives himself to English school. He's gone from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. He comes home and makes supper #2 by himself. We sit and talk with each other about our day. I drive him to his welding practice in the morning at 8:00 am and then I arrive home the same time as him. I eat lunch and dinner at work. Then on the weekend we cook for ourselves or go out to eat, with the exception of Sunday family supper night.

My parents give us our own freedom and don't expect us to eat with them. But I'm a people person so I enjoy surrounding myself with others. I have always been that way so I actually like sharing my life with others (if you couldn't already tell from my blog). When I was little the biggest form of punishment was sending me up to my room to be alone. My brother, on the other hand, loved playing by himself. The biggest form of punishment for him was sending him outside to play with others. We are polar opposites!

We rely a lot on our parents. They help us out a lot. We pay rent and pay them for their gas and time but we also get a lot of things as an added bonus. We don't have to make our own lunch for example. I'm so thankful to be able to be living with them. Although I dream of my own space and the freedom of being a newly married couple, I appreciate the opportunity to get ahead financially.

1 comment:

Mrs.Kim said...

Thanks for answering. I was curious. I am not, er, so much of a people person. Kind of wish I were, it would probably make living with relatives easier!