Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time to REdefine my goals!

What an interesting day!

I met with a couple who are 'DREAM BUILDERS' and they want to inspire me to achieve my dreams. Cool, hey! And then they wanted me to do this by selling AMWAY! HUH? I'm all for people following their dreams except that when I told them this wasn't for me and that I didn't believe in the concept the guy replied with "you don't believe in people following their dreams?" GAHHHHH -- defensive and combative! Anyways I escaped without feeling obligated to buy $47.76 on a bottle of water!

Maybe it's time to sit down and look at that massive list of resolutions and really define my goals!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol - yeah, not the way to go

I'd be curious to know where you are regarding your resolutions' list. What has changed, how you're managing, etc. Did you ever start a "spending diary" to keep track of your monthly expenses? Have your financial goals changed now that your husband is not working?

Some of the goals were also very general ("learn more about the world"), so it'd be interesting to know how you're trying to implement them.

Helena said...

Ugh. I hate that!

Anonymous said...

That's wack. The sad thing is, people buy into it!

Kimberly Ann said...

Amway Laundry Detergent is actually really good - that is one thing of theirs I would recomend!

Kimberly Ann said...

miss you too! what made you think of me!?!

Kendra said...

This is exactly why I have put the idea of being a "life coach" on hold! It seems that everyone who says they want to help you with your goals and dreams is selling something else! How did you find these people?

Glad you are back by the way!

asiangarden said...

people still sell amway?? lol

Why am I here??? said...

You can be my life coach Kendra......as long as you don't sell me anything! HA!

I will have to do an update about my goals soon!

Jimmy said...

This is a serious blast from the past. During my time in the world of self-development I trained in NLP and all sorts of useless stuff. By the end, I felt I'd learned a lot but I was just sick of getting the hard sell all of the time.

Anyway, there's nothing better than renewing your goals, and setting up a good plan. It always motivates me. As for the financial side of things, having a diary would be great.

Rachel and I take the same amount out of the bank at the beginning of every month and that is all we can spend, without exception. We've been saving like demons.