Sunday, May 29, 2011

Skipping the updates....and keeping it real!

......and fast-forwarding to real life!

I'm sick right now. So I've spent the weekend drinking water, eating oranges and reading this book.

There is something with 'self-help' books that really strikes a nerve with me. They are the only books I can read from cover-to-cover in one sitting. And they always inspire me. But once I close the cover, life resumes as normal and I get caught up in the hustle and bustle -- work, eat, sleep, repeat! And in that process I haven't incorporated 'healthy habits' that stick. Sound familiar?

So I'm going to document my weight-loss journey. Except I'm not planning to count calories or points (been there, done that!) but rather learn to choose foods that are nutritious and healthy. Which will require both work and sacrifice.

This will be a long and slow journey filled with lots of mistakes. But I'm willing and allowing myself to FAIL so that I can stand up, dust myself off, and continue moving forward.

Lot's of tears will be shed in this process (but hopefully a lot of fat too).

So why not start off by jumping in the deep end head first:

11 comments:

Sarah said...

How tall are you? That will have an impact on how much weight you need to lose. And do you have a goal in mind?

Anonymous said...

It takes a lot of courage to do this, so bravo for you. Weird that your scale is in lbs. I was expecting kg from a Canadian scale!

Mrs. Kim said...

You rock Jen!

Why am I here??? said...

Thanks everyone! I'm 5'5''!

Maria said...

So good to have you back!

asiangarden said...

You look hot! And how come I am not brave enough to wear a bathing suit much less post a pic of myself in my blog! Ha ha I weigh less than you but I am not anywhere as firm as you are~!
I should do this in my blog as a motivation to get fit..but I don't think I have the guts!

Why am I here??? said...

DO IT~!

Anonymous said...

Asiangarden says you look hot?! Ya, maybe if you close your eyes and look at you but even then I think the shock of seeing just how much you've let yourself go would burn a hole through my eyelids and leave a scar edged onto my brain.
Sorry there honey but ya, its way too overdue for you to diet -- again. Actually thats again for what time now -- the hundredth?

Why am I here??? said...

You are probably right! It might even be the thousandth time! But that's okay with me ;)

Shelley said...

You're brave!!! I thought of doing the same thing, after baby # 2 comes in October, because I think it will hold me accountable. GOOD FOR YOU!
Missed you while you were "away"
Hope to resume my own blog soon enough...

asiangarden said...

hey jenn whoever this dude is who always posts these mean comments on your blog is totally obsessed with you otherwise why would he care how you looked!? LMAO