Monday, January 31, 2011

Operation once-a-Day: then till now

Hello Everyone! It's Monday January 31st. Where has the time gone?

Today I woke up and made some healthy eats for breakfast. Luckily I don't work on Mondays so I've got an extra long weekend. Today I slept in until noon and when I finally got out of bed I made a 3 egg white + veggie egg scramble and 2 (I could only eat 1) whole-wheat pancakes made with Almond milk - topped with apples, cinnamon, walnuts and sunflower seed butter. It was delicious AND nutritions......IMAGINE THAT!

Last week I SUCKED big time in the eating department. On Thursday, after coming home from work at 9 I ordered a single size pizza and polished it off before bed. Oh how I miss pizza in Korea with it's strange but surprisingly good toppings. Then I ate 2 helpings of dessert one night. I always get like this 1 week after my period. I need an action plan for this time. Thoughts?

On the weekend I went snowboarding with my university class. It's part of their language and culture class that I'm teaching. I brought Sung Hyun along and he sat at the back of the bus with all the Saudi students. It was a BLAST!

Then Saturday night, we feasted on Indian food with a good friend of ours - actually my former university professor. We have officially found our Indian fix in Regina, although it was a little pricey compared to what I'm used to in Korea.

Then on Sunday I stayed in my pj's for the WHOLE day. It felt great to lay horizontal for most of the day and just chill out with my family. If Sung Hyun had it that way he'd be doing that every weekend.

Speaking of Sung Hyun, he just got accepted into Regina Open Door's English program. He will officially start classes tomorrow. The program runs from Monday - Thursday from 6:45 pm till 9 pm. And the best part is that it's FREE. So Sung Hyun will get 8 hours of English study a week. I'm stoked because this will allow him time to have his own social life. Hopefully he can meet some friends too.

I've completed 3 full teaching weeks at the university. The program runs for 13 weeks with mid-term exams in week 6 and final exams in week 12. I love teaching the beginner level. It reminds me of when I first started dating Sung Hyun. The best part about this job is that in between contracts I get a month vacation. So this year I'll be looking forward to a month off in April and August and then another one over Christmas. Time off rocks!

Two weeks ago I had my first meeting with a life-coach. Remember me writing about wanting some direction in my life in a former post? Well, my friend Saebom from Korea knew someone who was needing new clients. The first session went well but I will have to pay to continue if I so choose. Still undecided about that ;)

Starting next week I'm going to join the gym. In fact, I'm taking it one step further. My friend and I have hired a personal trainer. It was surprisingly only $9 a week for a one hour one-on-one session. Sung Hyun had intentions of joining the gym too but I don't know how that will work now that he's starting school. I will be sure to post before and after shots of my progress - assuming I make any!

So ever thought I sucked at eating healthy this week I still made healthy choices. Here's what I remember of last week:

* I stopped at my friends house and decided not to eat the pizza that was offered to me
* I substituted Greek yogurt (which is full of protein) for sour cream for dinner one night
* I only ate 5 pieces of kimbab at my private tutoring lesson
* I skipped the sweet snacks at my friends birthday party

I'm excited to start going to the gym again and even more excited to eat healthy! It takes a lot of planning, time, energy and effort to eat properly. It also costs a lot of money. But I'm excited to start being excited about getting healthy ;)

Hope everyone has a great week. KEEP SMILING!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read that you love comments, so I thought I'd let you know that your blog IS being read as I check in every once in a while for healthy eating inspiration (we're all struggling with it, aren't we ;))

Anyway, yes, I am also trying to make good eating choices and healthier substitutions...but OH the temptation sometimes!

The biggest temptation of all: F*#?'n Facebook!! Man, I need to just cancel my account so that I can be way more productive. If I have any good ideas and incentives to curb my own internet addiction, I'll let you know!

That's all for now.

Heidi (the one that contacted you on youtube)

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Heidi!

MUST DELETE FB NOW.................I'm referring to myself!

Thanks for the comment ;)

Kimberly Ann said...

I would like to delete facebook too! but maybe just finding a way to leave it dormant would be best. Oh internet addiction :)

Anonymous said...

I slept on it and the best strategy that I've come up with is:

replace FB time with another activity.

That's all I have for now.

By the way, can I add you on FB? :)

Heidi

Why am I here??? said...

yes of course! Search: burtonite@hotmail.com