Thursday, January 06, 2011

Operation once-a-Day: January 6th

I had a stressful day at work when I showed up to a meeting on campus and the other teacher forgot about it then the other meeting I was supposed to attend got canceled after I was already there. As a sessional we clock hours for meetings but it didn't work in my favour today. Lots of waiting around for nothing ;(
One of my hundred new year's resolutions is to do more acts of kindness/ volunteer/ help out no matter how big or small. Yesterday to kick start the new year Sung Hyun and I donated blood.

Tonight for dinner after eating some disappointing left over pizza I decided to make KD. Both meals were unsatisfying and full of processed junk. What a waste ;(

Wasn't feeling too good about my poor food choices so at 11 pm I put on my boots and winter jacket and shovelled the drive way which was today's healthy choice.

Albeit, it only took 10 min.

Some days are better than others!

___________________

ps. TWO healthy bloggers that I frequent daily:


6 comments:

Danielle said...

Another fitness/weight loss blog you might like: http://www.priorfatgirl.com

I love it.

skinnyrunner.com said...

hey thanks for the shoutout! i read both healthytippingpoint and priorfat girl, great blogs!

SuperFantabulous said...

Yet another fitness/weight loss blog, featuring workouts you can do at home as well as 'clean' eating suggestions is BodyRock.Tv

Why am I here??? said...

Yes I love Zuzanna! Thanks!

taiwan_girl said...

It is good that you were able to donate blood.

For whatever reason, the US does not allow blood donations if you have been in Korea in the past year (actually, they say that there is still some malarial risk (shrugs shoulders) in Korea, so you have to be symptom free for a year). Seems goofy to me, but I am not the one setting the rules.

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Taiwan girl!

That's strange! There were a long list of countries that you could not be in/ travelled to for the past year, but Korea wasn't one of them. But malaria in Korea??

It reminds me of the time when I was first travelling to Korea. I went to get some 'shots' at the international clinic. They wanted me to get Japanese encephalitis and a number of other ones that I never ended up needing.