Saturday, January 08, 2011
I've got 6 zits on my chin
Okay, I thought I'd share my resolutions with you since I like to procrastinate:
For your enjoyment I've broken them down into categories.
* learn about the world
* put a map in my room and study it. Learn the American states and where they are located. Learn a little bit about each country and their relation with Canada
* talk to my dad about world politics
* hire a private Korean tutor
* read more books
* start my online CERTESL program
* learn about health. Try to eat to nourish my body with nutritious foods. Incorporate clean eating into my life.
* continue with my operation once-a-day project
* start loving my body more
* eat less meat
* stop spending mindless hours surfing the Internet. Severely limit my time spent on the computer. Get another hobby besides checking Facebook 20 times a day
* volunteer somewhere to make a difference even if it's only a small one
* be a better blogger
* write, write, write!
FAMILY & FRIENDS
* connect more with my Korean family by sending them letters and presents in the mail
* respect my parents more and start doing more around the house. Cook meals for my parents every week. Help my mom with her weekly chores
* invest in my friends. Make new ones!
* plan monthly dates with my husband and find a hobby/ activity we can do that we'll both enjoy
* get more connected with hubby
* save money so I can travel (I'd really like to quit my job and travel the world!)
* live with my parents until next winter (move out in late September early October assuming it's a buyers market) and aim to bank $30 000 Canadian in a year. Factoring in several possibilities: 1) Sung Hyun quitting his job to challenge the provincial practical welding exam ($2400). 2) Me going to Vegas in April for 1 week ($1200). 3) Sung Hyun buying a Canadian Goose Jacket ($700). 4) Paying for moms' trip to Canada in the summer ($2000)
***** NOTE: These factors are my estimate but might change after we have our meeting with our financial representative (aka. my mom)
* own property & find a live in roommate
* pick up extra classes at the Regina Open Door when I can
* lesson prep for my classes
* put effort and energy into my weekly private English lessons
* set up a strict work routine and stick with it.
* sit down and seriously consider what I want to do. Get off my butt and stop being so chicken shit to think I'll fail. In other words, apply to CSIS
* become more organized (with the help of my mom)
* become less tolerable of a messy room
* spend less time watching TV and more time watching TED
* get inspired and go with it!
* get back into public speaking
* stop with the negative self-talk and continue with the positivity (several people have commented about how positive I am as a person -- but these days I'm a ball of negative energy)
See, I told you I had 100 resolutions. Am I being too ambitious? Now I'm going to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep! Much love to all my readers near and far!!!!!