Monday, January 24, 2011

Resolutions Re-visited!

I thought I should go through some of my resolutions and add some more details:

EDUCATION
* learn about the world
* put a map in my room and study it. Learn the American states and where they are located. Learn a little bit about each country and their relation with Canada
* talk to my dad about world politics
* hire a private Korean tutor
* read more books
* start my online CERTESL program

- FAILING IN THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT! Haven't done any one of these!

DIET
* learn about health. Try to eat to nourish my body with nutritious foods. Incorporate clean eating into my life.
* continue with my operation once-a-day project
* start loving my body more
* eat less meat

- I put Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book beside my nightstand and have been reading a few pages before I go to sleep.
- Operations once-a-day still going strong!
- have started focusing on more positives in regards to my body.
- have bought tofu and added more beans in my diet as a substitute.

HOBBIES
* stop spending mindless hours surfing the Internet. Severely limit my time spent on the computer. Get another hobby besides checking Facebook 20 times a day
* volunteer somewhere to make a difference even if it's only a small one
* be a better blogger
* write, write, write!

- still surfing the Internet like crazy. BOOO!
- have been making an effort to get on my blog to give updates more than I usually do. Included in that is commenting more on ppl who leave comments. Btw, I heart comments!

FAMILY & FRIENDS
* connect more with my Korean family by sending them letters and presents in the mail
* respect my parents more and start doing more around the house. Cook meals for my parents every week. Help my mom with her weekly chores
* invest in my friends. Make new ones!

- have started again with the weekly meals. I'm incorporating more clean choices with dinner. Tonight I made a bean salad
- have been hanging out with friends and commenting more on their Facebook statuses.

HUSBAND
* plan monthly dates with my husband and find a hobby/ activity we can do that we'll both enjoy
* get more connected with hubby

- we have decided we are going to start rock-climbing. We just missed the cut off so we'll have to wait until mid March.
- Sung Hyun made a rule that no matter what we are doing we have to have a 'bed date' at 10 pm every night. So we both talk about our day and cuddle on the bed for 15-20 minutes every night. So far we haven't run out of things to say. HEHE!

MONEY
* save money so I can travel (I'd really like to quit my job and travel the world!)
* live with my parents until next winter (move out in late September early October assuming it's a buyers market) and aim to bank $30 000 Canadian in a year. Factoring in several possibilities: 1) Sung Hyunquitting his job to challenge the provincial practical welding exam ($2400). 2) Me going to Vegas in April for 1 week ($1200). 3) SungHyun buying a Canadian Goose Jacket ($700). 4) Paying for moms' trip to Canada in the summer ($2000)

***** NOTE: These factors are my estimate but might change after we have our meeting with our financial representative (aka. my mom)

* own property & find a live in roommate

- we will start keeping track of our expenses next month then we can budget accordingly. If we want to achieve our financial goal this year, we'll have to save $2500 a month. I have always been good with saving money. It's Sung Hyun that needs some help ;) We still are struggling with a way to make it work for the both of us.

WORK
* pick up extra classes at the Regina Open Door when I can
* lesson prep for my classes
* put effort and energy into my weekly private English lessons
* set up a strict work routine and stick with it.
* sit down and seriously consider what I want to do. Get off my butt and stop being so chicken shit to think I'll fail. In other words, apply to CSIS

- work is going alright. Due to my late schedule I won't be able to teach at Regina Open Door. But that's okay because we just found out tonight that Sung Hyun got accepted to study English there. He'll be in class Monday to Thursday from 6:45 to 9 pm.
- Surprisingly I have been going to work about 2 hours early to get necessary prep done for classes. Also, I stayed 2 hours late on Thursday so that I wouldn't have to do any work on the weekend. I'm very surprised in myself.
- still haven't decided what I want to do with my life yet!

OTHER
* become more organized (with the help of my mom)
* become less tolerable of a messy room
* spend less time watching TV and more time watching TED
* get inspired and go with it!
* get back into public speaking
* stop with the negative self-talk and continue with the positivity (several people have commented about how positive I am as a person -- but these days I'm a ball of negative energy)

- since cleaning my room it has remained clean.
- I have decided that I'd like to watch 2 TED episodes a week.
- I have volunteered to do some public speaking with my dad's Rotary Club after my semester is complete.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this post is done (doesn't seem like it?) but that purple text is REALLY hard to read and it's clashing with the green, making the colors jump and recede.

Why am I here??? said...

It was all wonky for some reason because I copied and pasted my other post with the resolutions in it. I don't know if it's any better now.

Helena said...

I like the bed date. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer!

I commented a while back on wanting to go study at Sogang University KLEC. I will finally after 5 years of wishful thinking, be able to go to Korea in May. I'm very excited but I have yet to apply to the program. I am very nervous about the application process and afraid I won't turn it in correctly.

That's why I wanted to ask you: What were the documents that you were asked to turn in? Also, did you just scan them and send them to them via e-mail?

Thanks,
And sorry for any inconvenience.

Judith