Saturday, November 06, 2010

FATTIE FILES November 4th, 2010

On Friday I helped my friend Jennifer prepare for an engineering job interview so we headed to a coffee shop for some eats to go over some interview questions. I slept in since I didn't have to work at the university this Friday. YAH for that! It was a much needed break. I did however have some private English lessons in the early afternoon.
10:30 - a handful of nuts to tide me over until lunch
12:00 - THE LUCKY BOWL - tofu with brown rice and peanut sauce (at the bottom of the bowl) with organic veggies on top.
The restaurant we ate at was called the 13th ave. coffee house and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is in the city. And if you can't make it to this restaurant then try making it at home. This was one of the most delicious meals I have ever had. And after tip and tax it was only $11. I have a feeling I'll be visiting this place more often.

And then when my day couldn't be any better, my student cancelled his lesson 40 minutes before class so I enjoyed a full day off not working (which I haven't done in 3 weeks). For some reason I feel guilty when I take time off work. Anyone else?
6:00 - dinner was baked salmon with a mix of brown/ wild rice and spinach and cranberry salad with some Asian dressing. The salad was simple and delicious. I'm still trying to convince myself to like salmon. I ended up not eating the dill sauce since it reminded me of chip dip. But that simple salad will certainly be making an appearance more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Don't even get me started on THIS meal! I am assuming for your benefit that those are shredded carrots on top, NOT shredded cheese!
However, are you not aware that carrots in a shredded form are unacceptable!

-Jen

Why am I here??? said...

AHAHAH HA HA HA HA~~~

Yes I'm always a little confused about how to serve carrots. Should they be sliced thinly or cubed instead of shredded?

This is tooooooo funny Jen ;) Thanks for the laugh!