Sunday, October 03, 2010

In 1 month.....

It's been 1 month since we arrived in Regina. Our plan was to just take it easy and establish ourselves at a slow pace. Our parents were nice enough to let us live in the basement suite at home. We are expecting to set up camp here for 6 months or so.

Seems that no matter where I am I just can't slow down!

We have done something EVERYDAY!

All our paperwork for permanent resident cards, licences, bank accounts, credit cards, health cards, library cards is done and taken care of.

Sung Hyun has attended resume writing & Canadian workplace culture classes.

Sung Hyun meets with a private English teacher 2 times a week.

I've purchased a computer.

We bought our first car.

I lucked out by getting an excellent job right away.

The first week we arrived, after a trip to the mini Korean super market, I managed to score 3 tutoring gigs -- an extra 9 hours of work each week.

And just yesterday Sung Hyun accepted a union position for a metal company doing some shop work/ metal cutting. His first day is Monday!

So it looks like everything is falling into place quite nicely.......except maybe the extra pounds around my waistline that I've managed to accumulate this past month.

Can't.complain.

7 comments:

John from Daejeon said...

Congrats. Looks like everything is coming up roses.

If only Canada wasn't so darn cold, I'd probably head back there myself.

saebom said...

wow! great to hear, jennifer! must make you guys really happy you left.

and you're teaching korean? wow!

Why am I here??? said...

Saebom, I mean I'm tutoring 3 Korean ppl ;) Don't think I'm ready to teach Korean yet.....hehe!

David said...

Take it easy otherwise your parents will start asking for grand kids :) Anyway congrats.

Anonymous said...

updates, please!

krbc said...

Hi there!

I'm a fellow Saskatchewaner/nite, not too sure how to classify us Sask Folk, and am living in Korea! I found your blog through other blogs that I follow.

I really enjoy your writing, and am glad to have a prairie person's perspective as well.

Take care.

Kendra.

Anonymous said...

prairie person?!