Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Life!

WOW, lots has happened since I've been here last. Most importantly I've made a huge international move with my husband. We arrived safe and sound and were in the middle of setting up in my parents huge basement suite but it got flooded and we ended up having to tear up parts of the carpet to let it air dry. It's messy and I will be happy when we set up our little pad and make it feel like a home.

The drive from Vancouver to Regina was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It we definitely worth the extra time and money. Then last weekend we got to see a good friend of the family get married. That's all we planned in Canada so now I'm feeling a bit lost.

Sung Hyun's got a lot of paperwork stuff to sort out still. And I have been feeling kind of blugh the past few days. I don't know what I want to do: school, work, study -- too many options. I think the initial excitement of being back has worn off and now I'm going into panic mode of what to do. I can't seem to just relax and take baby steps, I want to jump into a new life here. Only problem is that it takes time to create and build. It's not going to happen over night. This is a lesson in patience and 'enjoying the moment'!!!

I've got to carve out a plan for what we will do next in terms of employment, life goals, living places, finances, etc. It's going to take a little bit before we get into the swing of things but it won't be long until we hit the ground running - which is exactly how I like it!

Anyone still reading?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Cricket sound*.... .... ....



xD Im sorry, I just had too.

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Yo, yo, yo Jennifer!
Yes, I am still reading. Glad to see you've updated and am glad to hear that you and your man have made it to Canada safe and sound.
Don't panic too much. Take your time and think of what it is you really want to do. I suggest making some kind of priorities list, see which priority lands out on top. For now though, you've still got time to let it all sink in and breath. Remember, these are the moments we wished we enjoyed later on so enjoy them now.

SeoulSearching said...

hey! glad to read things are going! Sorry it's not as smooth as you'd like but life has a way or working itself out! Keep us updated and just know we're thinking about you on this side of the world!! ^^

David said...

yes

Helena said...

I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way right now! It'll get better!

Tanya said...

hah even though you are home, I'm still reading ha.

saebom said...

i know exactly what you're feeling. . .i have no motivation to do anything and mostly just spend days watching tv and sleeping. . .ugh.

so no advice from me, but i am still reading.

i hate it when ppl say take your time tho. for some reason it's not helpful.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing photos of your basement apartment! yeah, i'm nosy like that :)

Why am I here??? said...

HELLO EVERYONE!!! LOVE THE COMMENTS.

No prob anony. I'll post them once the mess is cleaned up!