Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Procrastination!

Pretty sure I'm the queen of procrastination. I've got the whole day off (YAH for childrens day in Korea) and instead of studying for my Korean final which is next week, I'm spending 2.5 hours cleaning my mother-in-laws bathroom and cooking up a storm in the kitchen! NO JOKE!

I've always been a procrastinator though so this comes as no surprise (right MOM!). But when you're learning a new language, it's not like you can cram 100 words a day into your brain and be able to recognize them, write them, spell them correctly and use them in conversation. On top of that I've got a good number of grammar patterns to learn. My Korean finals begin next Tuesday and finish on Thursday with the BIG interview.

Okay now onto the pictures of what I ate so far today:

My bowl of oats. In the mix: 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 banana, 6 pecans, 1 egg white, a sprinkle of flax seed, 15 or so raisins, a tsp of peanut butter!!!!

OMG and let me tell you about my lunch. This was divine and I know I will make it again. On the bottom a thin layer or brown rice, followed by cooked zucchini seasoned with spices. Next I heated up my left-over chicken from last night and topped it with jalapeno peppers and some crumbled feta. I let it cook long enough to heat up the chicken and melt the feta just a little. I topped the whole thing off with a dollop of the tofu dip. This was seriously heaven in my mouth. It was the right amount of spice balanced with a rich creamy texture and it had a little zip. Good thing I made two servings ;)

Okay now what else can I do to kill some time?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Are you using WordChamp? Great, great way to keep up with vocab and grammar patterns. But I guess if you haven't used it yet, it's probably too late now....

Shelley said...

Yum, yum, yum! i am so trying the tofu dip!! I have been trying to find ways to eat healthy here in India. It's hard because there is so much oil in everything and they eat a lot of rice like in Korea. But I know I can find ways around it! This tofu dip is an awesome start!

jqlee said...

that does look good!!

thanks for stopping by my blog. i just browsed yours and that is sooo cool that you decided to just stay in korea. i love korean food and i cant imagine what REAL korean food there tastes like!!