Thursday, January 28, 2010

On the way to Laos, January 3, 2010

This is the only photo I took this day. Today we started our 3 day journey to another country -- Laos! It started off with an early morning bus ride for 6 or so hours then an event less evening in the hotel. Here I am writing in my journal on the night I was scammed. I know I know, I read about being able to get your Laos visa at the Laos border but when the hotel told our tour bus that they would keep our passports and send them to Laos for processing overnight (so we didn't have to wait in the huge line the next day) we all thought it was a good idea. Turns out we had to wait in the huge line anyway AND all the people who handed over extra money to get this process done were the ones who had to wait the longest. Damn you Thai scammers!!!

Good news = I was scammed only $4
___________________________________

Total money spent = 1130 Baht ($35)

No comments: