Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update!

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks.

First of all I want to thank everyone who made a comment on the last post I did about having some difficulties with Sung Hyun. He feels awful that he can't contribute or help me out so he has been making up for it in many other ways. He really is a great husband!
******************************************************
I had an amazing Christmas party with my friends at my place last weekend. I prepared a ton of food and everyone left with happy bellies. We played games, laughed and drank (too much)!
******************************************************
I had an amazing Christmas party planned with my Korean family which included a turkey with the fixings (& Christmas crackers and all). But that failed when my friend brought me the frozen turkey the night before. We resorted to a galbi restaurant, and then an after party at my sisters house which resulted in me getting way too many amazing Christmas presents. Actually I felt awful as it was obvious I didn't spend nearly as much on them as they did on me! First Christmas with my Korean family = FAIL!
******************************************************
I have been browsing the job ads online in my city back in Canada. I came across the PERFECT job for me. It's a job to teach ESL to new immigrants residing in my city. I have the education, the soon to be immigrant husband, and the cultural experiences of living abroad for the past 4 years. This job is exactly what I want. The only problem is it starts in February and we don't plan to be back in Canada until mid summer. I thought what the heck, I'll apply for it anyways and explain my current situation. I woke up this morning to this email from my dad, "... the 'Open Door Society' called here today wondering if you were in Regina yet - I told them you would not be here until June or July of next year - they said you should call when you arrive".

WHAT AN EXCELLENT WAY TO START MY CHRISTMAS EVE!
******************************************************
I've said good-bye to 3 good friends this past week. It was hard to watch them leave. I cried! They have moved on and are continuing on with their lives in a different country. I won't get another chance to meet up with Anne-Marie, my best friend, before she leaves Korea. I'm going to miss her a lot.
******************************************************
In 30 minutes I'll be leaving to the airport to board a plane to Thailand, where I'll be for the next month. I don't have any hotel reservations or any idea of where we will go. I've got my bag packed, my husband and some money in hand. Wish me luck!

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!
******************************************************

1 comment:

Annie-Me said...

oh hun, I'm gunna miss you too. But just cause I'm not in Korea doesn't mean we can't talk! When I move to BC Ill have wireless at the Uni...this means I can skype you at all hours of the night!