Sunday, November 29, 2009

Vacation Travel Plans!

On Thursday December 24th, one day before Christmas, Sung Hyun and I will board a plane and venture to Bangkok Thailand for a winter getaway. We will be gone for 28 days total and plan on hitting up a few amazing places along the way.

Here's what we're thinking:

THAILAND!! A few nights in Bangkok to see some of the palaces. Perhaps a little jaunt to an island for a few days of relaxing in the sun. OR maybe a jungle trek up north.
CAMBODIA!! This is a definite MUST. I have been wanting to go to Ankor Wat for a while now. This is what I'm looking forward to the most.
LAOS!! We are also thinking about heading into Laos because I've heard so many beautiful things about the people.
AND I'M DEFINITELY UP FOR SUGGESTIONS. ANYONE??
___________________________________________
This certainly won't top a Christmas at home (my favourite time of the year) surrounded by family and friends BUT I'm sure it will come a close second!

7 comments:

Annie-Me said...

Angkor is a definite must. When you come up next weekend I'll have to show you our pics and we can talk about the places that Dean and I went to. Give you some recommendations :)

ambearo said...

I did a 4 month trip through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia!!!! If you have any questions or need any tips, send me an email! We went to tons of places and learned so much.

blackdove_77 at hotmail.com

For example, when you arrive in Siem Reap and there are people there with taxis/tuk tuks trying to pick up your fare to take you to your hotel/hostel, you should get this ride for free. Why? Because this is who will be trying to negotiate taking you around Angkor the next morning. That's where they get the really big business. Siem Reap is tiny otherwise and you will (should) never pay more than $1 for a ride anywhere. Angkor should be about $5/person for the day. Oh and they use US currency in Cambodia. It's weird.

Tanya said...

Gasp that ancient looking place that is overgrown by nature looks awesome!! Wish I could see something like that!

Why am I here??? said...

Yah it's beautiful isn't it Tanya! I'll be sure to take lots of photos for you.

Thanks so much ambearo, I'll definitely be sending you an email shortly!

And yes Annie, I can't wait to see your pics either!

Shelley said...

If you have time go to Chang Mai for trekking. I loved loved loved it! Plus it is a good stop before hitting Laos which is a must!!
Sounds so exciting Jen!!! You'll have a blast. We are planing a 2 week trip to Thailand in April (Yasmine and I have to renew our visas so we are taking the opportunity to use it as a vacation)

Anonymous said...

We will miss you at Christmas Jennifer.
Have a wonderful time.
Aunt Heather

Diana E. said...

Hey... cool... Min Gi and I are doing our honeymoon as a two-week backpacking from Siem Reap to Bangkok at the end of February. Tell me about your trip when you get back!