Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend in Wonju

Anne-Marie is great! I always have a blast at her place. After work on Friday I hopped on a bus to escape the hustle and bustle of Seoul and enjoyed an amazing weekend with a amazing person. Thanks Annie ;)

Homemade by Anne-Marie

A funky building

Cute characters
Fall is coming

We intended to head to the hanji festival but were disappointed when we discovered it was cancelled due to the h1n1 scare.....boooo. So instead we visited the hanji museum.
It's art right?!


Then we had an amazing BBQ dinner by a little lake. Being outdoors was wonderful.
And a weekend an Anne-Marie's house isn't complete unless we (okay it's mostly Annie) bake some goodies.
.......and make some crafts
Most delicious carrot cake ever
Shake and bake chicken wraps for lunch
Chicken caesar salad wraps, grapes, nachos and guacamole for lunch (Annie made the guacamole and caesar dressing from scratch -- there's nothing this girl can't do)
So lucky to have made such a great friend here in Korea (and we even live in the same province back in Canada)
Almost done my hanji. Just need to add a coat of gloss and the cute little knob on top ;)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like a great weekend. The hanji are so cool. Is it hard to make? Maybe you can write a blog entry describing the process. (I'd read it!)

Annie-Me said...

aw hun I'm glad you had a great time. I had fun too...and while I denied it before....I think I did gain a few pounds that weekend :(