Wednesday, August 12, 2009

OUR HONEYMOON IN BALI - Day 4

On the fourth day of our honeymoon adventures, for $50US we rented a driver for a full day (12 hours). Today's list of events:

I) Watch a Balinese dance
II) Go to Ubud and do some market shopping
III) Have lunch at a restaurant tucked away in a field of rice paddies
IV) Go to Monkey Forrest
V) Check into our PRIVATE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* * * * * *
I) Here are some beautiful photos of an hour long Barong dance that we had the pleasure of watching.
Below is a short clip of what we got to see:

video

Hummmm do I fit in?

II) Some shrines along the road on our way up to the market in Ubud




Good thing my mom collects wooden cats ]
III) The walk up to the organic restaurant called Sari Organik, which grows its own organic food in a little garden 10 feet away from where you eat

Fresh salad with a slice of wheat bread, tofu and veggie rice dish (mine), chicken curry (Sung Hyun), 2 fruit drinks for $14! AND WORTH EVERY PENNY

Fat white girl poses beside Balinese rice farmer

Lovin' life!

IV) Monkey Forrest -- Sung Hyun's favorite place in the world!
Monkey see, monkey do!!!!!
Temples, temples everywhere...
Entrance forbidden for woman during Menstruation
CAUGHT IN THE ACT -- A woman does her prayer and offering ritual and the monkey thinks the food is for him!
My best Korean 'oppa' face. Sung Hyun and I could hear a Korean tour group come through the forrest. We knew they were Korean immediately before we heard them speak. They screamed at the monkeys, carried sun umbrellas, and whined to their boyfriends.

V) OUR PRIVATE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more?
"What a lucky girl"

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Haha oh jen this was a very amusing post! Crystal would love to see the pics of the monkeys. Sung hyun looks hilarious sitting with them. You look like you cropped yourself into the picture with the rice farmer. I love the whole covering of the nudity shot in the tub!!! haha. That villa looks amazing...Sung hyun will have to convince steve that we need to go sometime. Because we all know Sung hyun is the only one to convince him.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I burst into laughing when I read that a woman cant entre during menstruation!!! Samuel came running over, 'what mom!! What??' Love all the monkies!! Sung hyun fits in well :P J/k!!! The private villa is a dream! Wow!!
Cindy (Samuel, Madalyn, Rachel)

Catherine said...

Wow! Your honeymoon keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for the next instalation!

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Tanya,

Don't worry Steve will go........and he'll be sporting a pink teddy bear shirt to boot...hehe

Cindy,

Yes private villa is more than I could have bargined for. And what's up with the menstration thing?

Caterine,

Oh not to worry, there is more to come ;)

Shells Bells said...

OMG I have got to get my butt to Bali! Looks amazing!!!!!!