Sunday, August 09, 2009

OUR HONEYMOON IN BALI - Day 1

In attempting to make more space in my camera I accidentally deleted some of my first day photos in my point and shoot camera. So here is just a peak at our first day in Bali, Indonesia.
Sung Hyun is pretty excited for the 6 hour flight.
Yup you read that correctly. While I was away for a week teaching a camp Sung Hyun custom ordered some couple shirts. Pretty sure everyone in the airport knew we were going on our honeymoon....hehe!
After enjoying our 'welcome drink' we made our way to our room. This photo is taken in front of our first hotel (ASTON Bali Resort).

About a week before our trip we got an email from the booking agent asking if we could switch our reservation. At first we booked 3 nights at a private villa then 3 nights in a resort, all with ASTON. They wanted to change it so we stayed at the resort first and villa second. We agreed! And asked to be upgraded to a better room in the resort (since we just booked the cheapest room there because we basically went all out on our villa). They agreed to the upgrade free of charge. So you can imagine my excitement when we got the DELUXE OCEAN VIEW ROOM:

I was more than impressed with this place. The room was way bigger then we had anticipated. They had a slice of chocolate cake on the table with the word 'Congratulations' written on it. It was so warm and welcoming. A perfect start. The room was so nice that I was contemplating cancelling our villa and staying the whole time here

A nice little touch. Fresh flowers in the shape of a heart.

After dropping off our bags we snapped some photos by the beach and enjoyed our first dinner in Bali at the resort.

The atmosphere was amazing. And if this was any indication of how our honeymoon would be then I pretty much didn't want to leave........

A couple of glasses of wine by the seashore

Delicious fresh vegetable spring rolls with peanut sauce

Balinese spicy (not really!) chicken salad (YUM).

Perfect steak, with the most perfect pepper sauce with the most perfect garlic mashed potatoes with even more perfect sauteed vegetables. Double Yummmmmmm..........

A PERFECT FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I love your shirts, very nice! You didnt stop smiling!! Cant wait for more pictures!!
Cindy (Samuel, Madalyn, Rachel)

Why am I here??? said...

Hey thanks Cindy! It was amazing! Did you go anywhere for your honeymoon?

Anonymous said...

We went to Jeju for a few days... Weather was awful but we still had fun! Bet you guys didnt want to go home!
Cindy

Why am I here??? said...

JEJU.....the honeymoon hotspot! I went there last year and the weather was awful too ;( YES WE DEFINATELY DIDN'T WANT COME BACK. Luckily I have 3 more weeks of vacation until school starts again; Sung Hyun had to go back today! boohoo!

Catherine said...

Does your husband's shirt say, "My wife is Canadian"? Too cute. The food looks amaaaazing! I'm glad you had a good time.

Why am I here??? said...

OH CATHERINE YOU KNOW IT TOTALLY DOES!!!!

asiangarden said...

that looks like fun!!!
You always have fun, what am I saying?